April 15, 2007

Animals, Prospective Animals, Socks in Doors

EDIT: I wrote this last night but the entry didn't save. Lucky for me, the window was still open! Please pretend that it is 9 hours ago for the duration of the post.



Just now the kitty nuzzles my door, trying to push it open so she can come in and be loved. I, however, knew this was going to happen and stuffed a sock in the jamb to prevent it from slipping open. There will be NO CATS ALLOWED in my room tonight. No, not even soft little Mai-mai with her nosy ways and princess composure. So ha on you, furry butt.

Went back to the lake today and walked around for a bit. Saw two ladies walking an Australian Shepherd puppy. It was a red merle with wonderful tea-colored eyes. I asked where they got it, but they said it was from Texas.

I am looking for a dog to adopt, and my ideal would be a red merle aussie like my dog Ishnamax, who got shot when I was 13. Ishna was the finest of the hounds. He had blue and brown patches in his eyes that looked like puzzle pieces that got swapped around. I still have his collar; it was in Mom's keepsakes box.

Last night Rain and I did each other's hair with henna. I hadn't dyed mine since before July, and it had maybe five inches of roots. The good news is that after the third application, the intense red stopped fading out and it looked as good yesterday as it did a week after I last dyed it. Rain ended up Kenshin red (Manga Kenshin, not cartoon Kenshin) and could easily cosplay Nami. Will post pics of the adventure tomorrow.

I am going to bed due to extreme tired, but unfortunately this week's pages are not yet finished. I'll pick it up and get them finished when I wake up. I'm also thinking of going back to Saturdays since I can't seem to adjust to this new schedule. Apparently, I am not a creature who deals well with change. It's very important to me that the updates be on time, but lately things have been sliding in all directions. I may take another week of mental health vacation time if I can't get my shit together before May.

Con season is pretty much not gonna happen this year. We're set up for Animazement, A-Kon, and Kumoricon--and that's it. All the other cons either ran out of tables or weren't worth the effort. I'll spend that extra time on things that actually matter, like getting a damn book together and finishing the side comics I've been putting off for years.

Ah. The Mai-mai has given up noofing my door. Looks like Operation Sock was successful. Now I can climb into bed without fear of the door suddenly bursting open in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment