April 27, 2007

Everyone's Out To Get You, Motherfucker

Something else has apparently gone wrong.

Remember how Mom put me on her Wells Fargo account back in the day?

Well, she took out a loan at some point and had been paying it back at a fixed rate of $50 per month, automatically deducted from her SSI benefits. You see where this is going?

Her benefits have stopped on account of EXTREME DEATH, but my brother just informed me that the deductions have not. Not only is her account in negative balance, they're also tacking on a fee for each transaction. Or something. I found out about this too late to call them and get the information for myself. I don't even know if I'm on the hook for it, because I know nothing about how debts work. When I incur them, I either pay them off or run away until they default.

I have to call the bank tomorrow and find out what's going on. Fuck's sake.

Also, my little baby basil sprouts (which I have been gleefully showing off to the housemates as if I had personally given BIRTH to them) fell out of the window and the pot smashed on the floor. I was able to save the plants and re-home them in a tiny Halloween bucket painted to look like a kitty, but I'm worried that there might have been trauma to my babies. But that might be oversharing a bit.

My brother got taken in for $220 on an eBay transaction and his complaint to PayPal got no response. He's as unfamiliar with the internets as I am with the bank and financial world, so I've volunteered to help him try to get either the auto part or his money back.

All of this has happened in the 2 hours since waking up today.

I'm still not done with the pages, because everything has been going wrong since I woke up. I'm working on them, though. My sense of personal responsibility is going apeshit and won't shut up until I can keep a promise, any promise.

Looking on the bright side, it's a very nice day out. I haven't been able to leave the house to enjoy it, but maybe next week things will be different.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, I can totally feel that "every stupid little thing goes wrong" vibe. And then you just feel bad for letting it bug you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, don't feel bad Luka. What a shitty-ass day. I hope everything gets straightened out!
    <3 Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, long-time Kagarou reader...rubyredrose on LJ, too lazy to make a blogger account.

    From what I know about debits and death from when my grandmom died, once someone dies, all debits they may have go to their estate. Thus, your mom's estate (or rather, the executor of it...I'm assuming a family member) has the right the stop the debits to the account. You as the living account holder could deny any further debits to the account as well. I *think* you can ask for any debits from the time your mom died to now to be refunded even. But you would probably still owe for any bank fees. :( Definately ask if they can be waived due to circumstances, though.

    I'm not an expert by any means and your mileage may vary, but I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's a significant amount of money, you may want to get ahold of some legal advice. Wells Fargo will try to make sweet love to that account as long and hard as they can.

    ReplyDelete