August 25, 2007

Found A Ducky In The Lake

Took the Captain to the lake after updating.

The dock was finally free of people so we went out on it. Two seconds later the dumb bastard was taking a running leap into the deep water. I figured what the hey, let's see if the little dude can swim, and if not I can always reel him in via the leash. I got out my camera and took a clip of him plonking around in the water, but then he got kind of freaked when the dock turned out to be too high to get back up, and he started floundering. I turned the camera off and sort of towed him along the dock on his leash until he was in the shallows again.

He was very happy and wanted to go again, and then he found A DUCKY floating in the water, and the whole trip became about RETRIEVING it. I got the entire saga on video.



Not pictured: the Captain chewing off one of the Ducky's wings the minute when we got home. He is a cruel little despot.

The Ducky's new name is Sephiroth.

2 comments:

  1. Rubber Ducky Sephiroth is love ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You threw the duckie BACK into the water? What a meanie! :P But Captain is so cute, who cares?

    ReplyDelete