September 8, 2007

I AM HENRY ROLLINS

I WIN, MOTHERFUCKERS: 105.76 MILES!


Reached my goal today while helping the roomies load and unload a moving van full of 90-something boxes (which felt like they were full of rocks, but it was really just the house library) into the Northfield place. We're renting a basement room to move our stuff into while the current owners are in the process of moving out.

Unloading involved some crazy stairs. I spent a lot of the unloading process in the van, lifting 40 pound boxes and carrying them over to the edge of the van to stack up for people to carry to the edge of the stairs for whoever was down there to carry down to the storage room.

I spent some time being the one who runs up and down the stairs, which was probably the most tiring part. I also transported two full-size bookshelves on my back from the van to the storage area, which was awkward but not too taxing.

When I got home, I used an activity-to-mileage conversion chart to total up all the various types of work, and found I'd done about 7.6 miles of activity, most of it heavy lifting, stairs and just plain walking.

Working out and lifting free weights have significantly improved my stamina. I survived hauling the boxes (minus one minor dehydration/carbohydrate crashing incident) with no muscles torn, and in truth feel kind of energized and mellow. I would get worn out, rest a little, and then go back for more without feeling like I was going to die.


I did 100 miles in 64 days and it was kind of easy. I'll need to step up my game a notch for the next goal, starting tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Boo! Now I feel like a lazy fat ass. I keep falling off the excerise band wagon so to speak.

    Ah well. Congratz on the determination and drive!

    ReplyDelete