October 5, 2007

I Kneed You

I woke up today and my knees were feeling pretty good. The left one was cranky because I've been overusing it to give the right one some time off, but it felt fine after a few minutes. I didn't even need any pills.

Took Captain Stupid to the dog park and let him loose. A few minutes later, he comes streaking toward me with a terrier at his heels and BAM, crashes right the fuck into my bad knee. I staggered around for like thirty seconds nearly blind from the pain. It was worse than anything I can describe--human legs are not meant to bend that way!

This was the second time he's done that, too. I think if it happens one more time I'm gonna lose the damn leg.

So I'm wrapped in the wooly comfort of Aleve, with an ice pack over the knee, pissed off because I was looking forward to being able to go out walking and hit the gym again.

Fuuuck.


On the other hand, hey! I'm stuck at my art desk with two pages that need finishing and a lot of time on my hands. So it's not all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment