October 21, 2007

They're our rivals!

Oh boy. SomethingAwful finally found out about our friend Banrai, and the internet carnage was incredible. I was a little amused watching some of the goons pat each other on the back for digging up stuff I'd already gone over in detail when I put up the Files in 2005. I kept wanting to tell them LOL OLD MEME, but the thread was dead by the time I found it on the forum. Weird.

The Captain tripped running down the stairs today and fell about six feet. He fetched up on the floor, belly up, and sprung a leak. I checked him out and he seemed fine. Later on, though, he was kind of snappy at the dog park, and even got in a minor snarly-fight with another dog, and suddenly began favoring his left hind leg. I took him out, checked the leg again in case it was bitten or something, and we went home. He's resting in his crate now.

My camera never came home, so Seebs got me a Canon A570-IS and said if the A530 ever does turn up, we'll make it a studio camera. I've been taking a metric fuckton of pictures on our walks. Will post the best of them as soon as I have time. Still having some trouble figuring out the macro focus on this model. It tends to get a dime-sized area with complete clarity, then everything around it is blurry. I am reading the manual to see what settings I should be using.

Basically Seebs is awesome. A god, even.

Still working on the comic.

[Generic complaint about how I can't seem to find time lately to work on art, followed by apologies, promises and optimism.]

And finally, another plug for the HAUNTED SKETCHBOOK RAFFLE:

No comments:

Post a Comment