November 2, 2007

Scarlett Johansson is a Fatty Fatty Fat-Pants

CNN just lauded Scarlett Johanssen for her role in bravely shattering body image stereotypes and being a role model for big girls everywhere.

Way to reinforce a stereotype and make young girls paranoid by randomly singling out people who actually fit in rather well and patting them on the head for at least showing up. THE PRECEDING STATEMENT WAS CLEARLY WRITTEN BY TERRORISTS. IN TRUTH, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BACKHANDED COMPLIMENT AND OUR CULTURE IS TOTALLY HEALTHY.

It's always sad for me to see a reporter wax feminist and progressive while spreading the body-image distortion crap. At least they also gave screen time to actual sexy big girls like Tyra Banks and Jennifer Hudson, but c'mon!

5 comments:

  1. It's shit like this that makes me want to destroy Tokyo. Nothing personal against Tokyo, but I need to destroy a metropolis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Color me confused and worried...But...Scarlett Johanson isn't big, or fat. Or am I just warped by years of looking at fine art?

    ReplyDelete
  3. But...Scarlett Johanson isn't big, or fat.

    I was gonna say basically the same thing...about her, and Tyra. Maybe I've been looking at the post-Photoshop versions of these girls for so long that I don't know what's what, and that's sad. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, the Johansson chick is neither big OR fat.

    That's what this whole entry was about--the fact that they picked some random slim woman to single out as a big girl with pride in her abnormally large body. Talk about fucked up perceptions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, that's what I thought, but I wasn't sure if that was really the case or if she gained a ton since I'd last seen pictures of her.

    ReplyDelete