February 20, 2008

I'm A Drag Queen, Not A Flava

Just as I got down to my last hair clip, I spontaneously figured out how to use hairsticks! Unfortunately I don't OWN any hairsticks. I'm making do with chopsticks and ballpoint pens until I can get some.

Oh yes, I said CHOPSTICKS. And yes, they're USED.

MOOO HAA HAA MY HONKY GUAI-LO ASS ROBS THE RICH CULTURES OF THE GLOBE BY STICKING PLASTIC CUTLERY IN MY HAIR. LOOK UPON ME AND TREMBLE, FOR SOON I SHALL RAPE THE WORLD WITH CHINESE STYLE SALAD AND SUBTITLED ANIME.

The niamh elite on LJ had some links to some truly awesome fire opal-decorated hair sticks, but they were out of my price range at the moment, so I decided to order a whole pack of plain wooden ones instead. They're super cheap and come with holes drilled in the ends to be decorated however you like.

I loved nothing more than making weird jewelry as a kid, and I miss it. I even have all the tools I need for beadwork. But thank the gods, the sticks won't come for some time. I have too much shit to do this week as it is!

Today: bought new clothes. Found out that I'm only a size 18 when dressing in drag. And I now own my first ever pair of women's jeans! They fit weird. I'm not used to pants that aren't baggy as hell. I'll admit it is refreshing to not need to roll up the cuffs four times just to keep them from dragging on the floor.

This comes right as my last pair of long pants is about to give up the ghost. Jeez, it's been a day for near misses, hasn't it?

1 comment: