March 8, 2008

Hurray for Evil!

Bush vetoes ban on waterboarding torture, citing its proven effectiveness in the war on terror and utterly abandoning any pretense of morality.

I don't often say this anymore because political apathy defeated me right around the time he got re-elected, but Mr. Bush, the mask is slipping.

What's this crap about how America must torture to feel safe in our clean white beds each night? What a ridiculous price to pay for a good night's sleep. This doesn't sound like my homeland at all; in fact, I think a nation with values like that would probably deserve to be conquered.

2 comments:

  1. What confounds me about this is that we prosecuted and executed japanese soldiers after WWII for waterboarding as a war crime. I'm just glad Bush II is finally almost nearly out of office, and hopefully with his departure this country can regain some small amount of sanity (or at least not express its profound ignorance in such an overt manner).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty_ping here...

    Frankly, this is why I am very glad I am not even on the same continent anymore. I don't even want to be near news about that kind of stuff. Frankly, I really really think the people of the USA, should pack a bag, and walk, bike or drive to the nearest border until the next election takes place. Just hold a big rally at the White House. Declare that this is no longer your president, no longer your country and then get the fuck out.

    put in a parting jab about Scientology and then flee.

    I think this is secretly why they're cracking down at the borders, it's not to keep the immigrants out, it's to keep the people in once Bush announces that he refuses to leave office and declares himself king of the world.

    Not gonna put it past the guy.

    Oh also.

    Might be going to a protest in Tokyo on the 15th...

    (or is it 14th?)

    ReplyDelete