April 15, 2008

Creepy Photo



I love how the ruins photoset came out. This is just the first of many, once I have the time.

It's insanely windy outside. First I noticed that my wind chimes hadn't stopped tinkling for an hour or so. Then the chimes were blown away. Then the screen door started rattling around and I had to get out of bed and remove the stick that was propping it open.

Then I had to get up again an hour later because the wind started blowing the door open and closed, to the point where it was shaking on the hinges. I had to fight to get it to swing closed and latch for good.

From then on, the wind just rattled the windows and hissed along my wall and generally startled me awake at regular intervals. Finally there wasn't much point trying to tell myself I could get decent rest with all that racket going on, so I got up and wandered around like a zombie instead. Utterly useless.

Over the course of the day, our rain gutters have been blown off and sent flying across the yard. So has a rubber bumper from around one of the trees and the stick from my screen door. My bike was knocked on its side. At several points, a gust hit my wall so hard it shook my whole computer desk.


Now back to the comic. If I have to die in a hurricane, I want to be at my post when the moment comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment