June 9, 2008

Dental Insanity II



TOOTH DECAY USES 'Rot and Sorrow'

LUKA'S 'RFLECT' BOUNCES 'Rot and Sorrow' back!


DENTAL HYGEINIST USES 'X-Ray':

'X-Ray': WOM WOM WOM WOM

TOOTH DECAY: 9999

*poof*

=fanfare=

GOT 1000 EXP
GOT 100 GIL
LUKA HAS LEVELED UP
LUKA HAS LEARNED 'IMPACTED WISDOM TOOTHGA'
LUKA HAS LEARNED 'CLEANING APPOINTMENT AT NOON TOMORROW'


So yeah, apparently not going to the dentist for 12 years has given me the equivalent of six months' worth of accumulated crap and tooth decay. No cavities. No cracks, diseases or polyps. I don't have anything that needs immediate attention, and even the fillings that flaked a decade ago are still in good condition.

I usually only remember to brush once a day, so all of this came as a huge fucking surprise.

We were done so far ahead of schedule that the dentist remarked that it was a pity he hadn't scheduled the cleaning on the same day as the exam, but he thought after reading my file that it would be much worse.

I told him and the hygeinist how my personal expectations for the visit had included multiple root canals, a jaw removal and my potential death and they had a good laugh at my noobish good fortune.

I do have two troublesome wisdom teeth, one of which is impacted and needs to come out. The other is just chillin' but he suggested extracting it at the same time because it's a very stupid tooth and nobody even likes it. If so, I'm keeping it for a necklace. There aren't any on my lower jaw at all, as it turns out.

No need to set aside funds for dental care in the immediate future, you say? Well well.

HELLO CINTIQ, HERE I COME!

6 comments:

  1. Damn I thought I was fancy :(
    I went to the dentist today for the first time in about seven years, and thought I was getting away lightly with two fillings and one deviant wisdom tooth. Your teeth must be made of something hardcore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo! So your previously thought to be flaking enamel was just calculus or some crap like that then?

    That's awesome! No need for more Luka pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on the relatively painless dental visit! My teeth hate me, so I live in fear or dentists.

    extracted wisdom teeth are so cool! They still have their roots and everything. I have three whole ones (i had to get all four out, but they had to break one) sitting at home. I was going to make them into some kind of necklace/amulet, but everyone I mentioned this to gave me a horrified look rather like o_O so I put that project on the backburner. I hope you come up with something awesome for your teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky for you, you have good genes. (I feel like such a sucker brushing and flossing and going in for regular cleanings and then STILL wind up spending 2000 dollars a year on cavities and crowns. If I just said "fuck it" and did nothing, I would have the same result.) Yes, you are damn lucky....(Well at least SOMETHING'S going your way now... ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i remember when i had my wisdom teeth out they knocked me out, and when i went home i watched scotland pa, american graffiti and the third harry potter movie and they all sort of just meshed in one movie...like scotland graffiti and the prisoner of azkaban...or something

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, your genes still aren't as advanced as mine! I was born with NO wisdom teeth at all!

    ReplyDelete