July 4, 2008

That Time of Year Again!



I remember it like it was yesterday.

I was on my roof, feeding the dog cookies and watching fireworks. Suddenly they were everywhere, hovering, hovering and feeding on the helpless. I fell off the roof when one of them came at me, and was lucky not to land on my head. I got up as quickly as I could, and ran. The screams as I fled through the streets were unbearable.

I hid in the river with a straw to breathe through until they finished the destruction and flew away, but the firefighters and fishermen of the town were not so fortunate. There were bloody helmets and hip waders everywhere. I found the dog the next morning, lapping up puddles of spilled ice cream from the sidewalk and looking completely unscathed. For some reason, they didn't seem to want to eat his brain.

So where were YOU when the flaming spider-skulls attacked?

3 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, dog brains are toxic to flaming spider-skulls.

    Oh, and I saw this and thought of you. (There's mouseover text btw.)

    http://wondermark.com/d/196.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought you were talking about mosquitos, then bees, and then FLAMING SPIDER SKILLS NOOO.

    In any case, I giggled.




    Hm.
    So.
    Hi there.
    I'm Rachel, and I decided to be more public about my obsession with you from now on. Stalking silently just doesn't do it for me anymore (I've been slinking around in the shadow of your shadow's dishwasher since 2003) See you around. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. *waves*

    Hello stalker! Nice to meet you :)Glad you hear you survived the Spider Skull invasion!

    ReplyDelete