October 19, 2008

PANIC! AT THE OLD HEIDELBERG II

Me: Now where'd I put that audiobook? Maybe I put it on the external drive.
Maxtor Backup Drive: Haha, folder corrupt.
Me: What, the whole thing?
Maxtor Backup Drive: Yup. Pretty much the whole thing.
Windows: That folder's empty for real though.
Me: Shut up, Microsoft. YOU JUST ATE 450 GIGS' WORTH OF DATA?
Maxtor Backup Drive: Oh. Um, so did you not want me to fail, then?
Me: ARGGHHLBARGLL

Seebs is sodomizing the drive at the moment with his sonic screwdriver. He says the files show up. As to whether they're usable, all is mystery.

I can replace the iTunes stuff (they allow you to re-get lost content) that makes up a good chunk of the lost date. My giant audiobook collection, videos, all the saved images and data I was moving around... not so much.

FUCK.

For once, however, my art, music and comic files are in no danger since they still exist on the main system.

1 comment:

  1. This is going to sound incredibly strange: Do not worry! This happened EXACTLY the same way to ME about a year and a half ago. I don't know how exactly it fixed itself, but it indeedilly did. I didn't touch mine for almost a year straight before I braved the terrifying Corruptor once again. However, when I did come into what I expected to be a file graveyard, the corruptor had been banished and all had been mended. The short of it is I have no advise but wait, but I'm pretty sure things are NOT snafubarroflmao

    ReplyDelete