November 4, 2008

Election 2008

I am so proud of you today, America. When I think of all of you, lining up in droves at the polls, taking a stand against apathy and wearing your "I Voted" stickers with pride, it makes me so happy to live here. Go country where I was born! We're possibly quite close to Number One!

The doc told me that she became a citizen after 24 years specifically so she could vote in this election.

At City Hall, where we voted, there was a mock-election with polling booths just for kids, and little "I voted" stickers just for them. D'awwww.

Off to lurk on CNN til it's over with, I reckon. I don't want to miss tonight.

4 comments:

  1. For the first time I am proud to say I am an american. This is amazing.

    (openID is being screwy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Does my Obama Dance*

    But I'm canadian, only our elections arn't as fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think america owes me for 8 years of Bush. We'll see how this fella does....





    As a real life human being, I am not optimistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so exciting! I always thought there'd be a black president, I just didn't know when, and I didn't think it would be so soon. Not that that's why I voted for him, but still. It's so awesome!

    Now I just hope he doesn't fuck it up. A legitimate fear for any president.

    Though it looks like Al Franken is loosing for Minnesota senator :( Norm Colman's a douche bag, just so you know.

    He's only down by 500 votes, though, so they'll probably do a recount. Who knows, maybe he's still got a chance.

    ReplyDelete