November 15, 2008

RUBBER BUTTLESS CHAPS

This whole "parents rush to Nebraska to dump their teenagers" thing is like deja vu all over again. It happened to me at age 12, back in 1993. I got lucky because at least my parents stayed in the state with me, but still. I feel for you kids, I really do.

Good luck to whoever goes to the prop 8 protests this weekend. I'm not going myself because I'm a lazy shit who would rather sleep, but godspeed. Don't let anyone tell you that it's a waste of energy showing solidarity and maintaining a positive public presence. It'll do some good nationwide when folks see you and realize you're not monsters, but pretty much just regular people. It's a bummer that there will probably be freaks showing up in rubber buttless chaps because they think gay=SEXXXXX PARTY WOOO NO RULEZZZ. Ah well.

1 comment:

  1. Just got back from a protest it was awesome and touching. I'm up in Bellingham, WA so we got a lot of support honks from the community. I really hope we can get rid of all this "ban gay marriage" shit soon.

    ReplyDelete