November 17, 2008

WANGS



Went out. Found a nice dark backwood turnout and set up shop under the stars. It was so clear I could see the Milky Way and most of the constellations were recognizable...but no shooting stars, not for an hour. I cleared out after some guy in a pickup truck pulled over, shone his lights in my face and asked what I was doing in an angry voice. I went for a drive instead.

Eventually I ended up staring at Wangs.

I seldom see Wangs and I hate to come home empty-handed from my quest, so I figured I should pull over and take a photo to post on my blog. Everyone on the internet loves Wangs, right?

Wangs can be described as miniscule by even a generous observer, and is thus easy to overlook, but if you're willing to slow down, relax and really search for Wangs, the experience will be unforgettable.

I love Wangs, don't you?

2 comments:

  1. The peak was actually the night before last. I didn't even know the meteor shower was going on though, until you mentioned it. So I went out last night: I saw two!! I was only out for half an hour because I was getting hypothermic. = (

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had zombie flu.

    Also, 72 hours of fog, then snow.

    I was, and still are, bummed.

    ReplyDelete