January 21, 2009

Chore Wars

Fuck yeah, my Chore Wars ranger hit Level 2.

This website is the absolute best thing ever. I had planned to make up something like this, an RPG-style planner website where you frame your to-do list as a series of quests, and gain exp for doing chores. Turns out somebody else has done it already, and way better than I would have managed.

Rah, Jesse and I formed a party yesterday and created about 20 different custom adventures. They cover everything from changing the litter box to updating Kagerou. We also plugged in a ton of zany shit as items you can win for clearing the adventure. I got a puppy, an empty condom box and 225 gold pieces for two days' worth of work. Rich beyond the dreams of avarice!

I used the empty condom box already, but it didn't give me any stat bonuses :(

I am particularly pleased with the way this system logs your cleared quests. Now I can keep track of how often I do the laundry. Also, it is insanely fun to compete with the other roomies to see who can get the most done. I caught myself doing another load of dishes before bed last night just to claim the 10 XP and bragging rights. Inking my comic gave me 40 points and put me in the lead.

Your move, dickfaces.

Anyway. Bedtime for me since it's past midnight and I'm being good for my therapist and obeying the clock.

Try that site out though, seriously, it's rad.

No comments:

Post a Comment