March 14, 2009

Anime Explo

Anime Expo's alley will be opening for pre-reg on the 31st, but they released the paperwork this afternoon. Leafing through the announcements I noticed that staff have doubled the price for a traditional-sized table from $50 to $100, in addition to the $50 registration fee that you must pay before you can even apply for the alley spot. They also put in about a hundred more tables, which fits my personal definition of "oversaturation."

I thought to myself, yeah but still... and then I stopped to consider the cost of travel and expenses, the hassle of tax registration, the fact that I don't like SoCal very much. Mulling all of that over gave me a nasty feeling that my AX 09 plans had just fallen through with a resounding "meh."

BUT FUCK THAT NOISE, WHO'S UP FOR DETOUR NEXT MONTH?

1 comment:

  1. I AM! And excited to see you there. ^_^ I gotta get my shit together and make my Shy Guy costume. Oh Procrastination.

    ReplyDelete