February 23, 2007

Two Blondes, A Camera, And My Ego

I dreamed I somehow met and befriended Britney Spears. This is unusual in its own right, since I don't really know much about her except that the news can't get enough of documenting her breakdown.

In the dream, we ended up hanging out a lot and having the sort of uplifting, life-changing conversations that make you grow as friends. I felt like I was really helping her clear her head of all the bullshit and the drama. It turned out that under the facade she was a really nice person who hadn't really had a lot of time to find a real friend before. It was hard to tell who was real in the sea of fakes and liars that was her life.

Unfortunately, the goddamned fantourage was always surrounding us for a chance to get at her, and the attention made everything kind of strange and strained. Then paparazzi photographers started taking pictures of us hanging out (slumming, in Britney's case). The next thing I knew, we were all over the gossip magazines. Someone had airbrushed the photos to make me look skinny and attractive like every other cardboard cut-out in the magazine.

At that point, I hit the roof and woke up feeling annoyed and betrayed because I had stuck my neck out for Britney Spears and ended up getting humiliated for the effort.

The really weird thing is that I had this exact same dream about two months ago, only it was Paris Hilton. I don't even have any special interest in either of these celebrities, but ay caramba, the symbolism.

3 comments:

  1. weird! I had almost the same thing happen to me, except it was Justin Timberlake, and then Jude Law. But there were no paparazzi, we just went on a date. It was nice, in my dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dreams can be beautifully wacky. I had one two nights ago where my brother and I found a place with amazing BBQ chicken wings, and got mad at my twin when she ordered a chicken caesar salad instead and wasted it. We were angry at her shunning the chicken wings.

    As for Britney Spears, I'm a bit annoyed with the media calling her latest stuff a "cry for help/attention." When anybody is hit hard by stuff, they're hit HARD, and celebs can't wander anywhere without press breathing down their necks and shrieking from the rooftops. Not that she hasn't done some dumb stuff on occasion, but STILL.

    I suppose a weird way to end this post and introduce myself (long time reader, first time writer and whathaveyou) would also be to talk about a strange dream I recently had. I dreamt that I sent you a dead kitten in a box of vomit. No joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weeeeeird dream.

    Well, I was just dropping in to tell you I finished coloring two more of your line arts - it's what I tend to do when I get bored or stressed out, because I love coloring - it's the only vaguely artistic thing I'm even slightly good at - and because the art is just so gorram pretty.

    I took (crappy webcam) photos of the ones I colored, today, and thought you might want to see them.

    http://chiyo-no-saru.livejournal.com/561490.html is where they're located. Let me know on my LJ if you like them :)

    ReplyDelete