March 9, 2007

A Song Of Waiting And Fanboyism

I've finally read all of the existing Song of Ice and Fire books. GODDAMN IT. MORE NOW. I was so happy ignoring fantasy as a largely derivative and ill-used genre that has hurrahed its last hurrah... until George Martin came along and washed it all away like the wily old god he is.

Oh sure, you long-time fans who've been suffering for years are probably laughing your asses off at the newbie. Go on and throw your little pebbles and snicker about my hairstyle while I, the whiny loser, shuffle to the end of the line to start waiting for the next installment.

Fuck y'all, just fuck y'all. And fuck you especially for being the one who did this to me, RAIN. You... RAIN FACE.

Love-bites aside, though, this post has a topic. Specifically, Chapter 2 Remix is now complete. Go read it! It's much nicer now.

2 comments:

  1. GRR Martin! My heart! It HAS been a long wait. Perhaps what's made it worse was that he chose to cut the latest book in two-- so A Feast for Crows didn't have that nice bang his books usually finish with. And no Danny!
    And just to give you something else to look forward to, HBO has bought the rights to ASOIAF and is planning to turn it into its next series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I am intrigued by this Song of Ice and Fire. I would point you in the direction of Terry Goodkind, and Christopher Paolini, I feel that they have talent

    ReplyDelete