May 15, 2007

A Very Sad Day Indeed

So Jerry Falwell died.

I propose we commemorate the loss of this pillar of the community by remembering the words and teachings he left behind:

"AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."

"I truly cannot imagine men with men, women with women, doing what they were not physically created to do, without abnormal stress and misbehavior."

"I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped [9/11] happen.'"

"I always get sloshed before I go out to the pulpit. You don't think I could lay down all that bullshit sober, do you?"


You were a great man, Mr. Falwell. Wherever you end up in the afterlife, I hope it doesn't get too warm for you.

1 comment:

  1. One down, who knows how many more to go...though I'm certain if the Phelps family got into a tragic traffic accident, the number would go down a lot :)

    ReplyDelete