June 13, 2007

12 years later, I finally GET Tamagotchi....

Oh sure, I could have gone to bed early and helped to fix my sleep schedule. But no, I had to train my Nintendogs to do a little dance.

This game is like crack. Seebs gave me "Dachshund & Friends" and his old DS the other day, and it's hilarious. My beasts are named Tanuki (Pug) and Shorty (Min. Dachshund). I originally had a golden retriever named Butt Munch (spelled War Dog) but I got tired of having to say her name over and over and over again. It's a little weird having a voice-activated virtual pet that yips in pain if you poke it too hard with the stylus, but very nifty.

My biggest fear is that I'll leave them alone for too long and come back to find a shivering, skeletal Shorty lying on the floor surrounded by the picked-clean bones of Tanuki. This game doesn't work like that; your puppies can't die and they'll only get hungry and need a bath if you ignore them, but I can't stand the idea of neglecting even an imaginary animal.

It's rather like all those times on Chrono Trigger that I kept Magus alive because I couldn't bear to kill him, knowing he wasn't a bad guy after all. Plus, his triple techs are awesome. But anyway.

A real dog is still pending, but I'm not much closer to finding it yet. Been reading your suggestions on where to look, by the way. Thanks for sending those in! I've had several dogs in my life and am pretty proficient with the actual training/teaching/obedience portion of ownership, but I've never been the one who acquired the animal before. I have a decent wad of ready cash from the raffle and cons, so I'll be able to take proper care of whoever I end up bringing home. As long as the dog isn't $400 bucks to adopt, anyway.

Last night I had a dream that the sun went out. When I woke up, the power in the house had been cut by workers outside somewhere. Heh.

The best thing about the dream was that when the sun vanished, it left its rays behind, so we could still see. But we all knew we were doomed, and that was pretty heavy. I remember that at one point I realized there were no other planets we could go to and be saved, and I felt rather ripped off by that.

And now, bed. Tomorrow I gotta pencil the comic, fill some studio orders, do some dishes and clean up athe house a bit. Somewhere in there, I'll try to find time to decant my road trip stories, before I forget them entirely.

Wuv, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment