July 6, 2007

Peeves!

I am ready for the following three Internet behaviors to not happen anymore:

1. Replacing "y" with "eh" to make words like "Kitteh" "Bunneh" and so on. Girls think this is cute. It isn't. I consider it to be a Hello Kitty version of Goatse.

2. Beginning a sentence, most often a reply to a previous LJ comment, with the word "Actually." The smarmy Hermione-like tone of it drives me mad no matter how well-intentioned the comment itself might be. I, too, fell into the habit of abusing "actually" on the net, until I realized how much it pussified my sentences.

3. Webcomics I enjoy starting over 5 times and then going on permanent hiatus. This is one of my long-standing peeves, and will always occupy a top-three position on any list of complaints I might author.

...

Actualleh, my own webcomic did start over once (in a sense), so I guess I'm not completely innocent in this.

1 comment:

  1. Do not forget the replacing of I with Y.

    Actually, meh own comic restarted lyk syx tymes. Totaleh.
    (Not while it was online mind you, but still.)

    ReplyDelete