July 6, 2007

Internet Party

Holy gods of tendonitis! My left wrist is fucked.

I got a nice soft fleecy metal-reinforced wrist brace and have been wearing it since yesterday evening pretty much nonstop. It helped through most of today but now it's starting to flare up from all the typing, so I have to get off the computer pretty soon. I should have spent the day popping ibuprofen and icing the damn thing. I just didn't expect it to get this bad.

Wearing a brace and resting the wrist has delayed this week's pages somewhat (it's hard to concentrate), but not horribly so. The next few steps in the process involve a keyboard, and will be much worse. I use my right hand to hold the stylus, but for selecting tools and everything else, I need my left. It's hard enough typing this entry; I do not look forward to 20 more hours of having to hit CTRL+H and ALT+2 every five seconds.

There are four particularly awesome pages are on the way, but they are going to be late. In fact, I think I'm going to knock off early tonight from work and go prop the stupid thing up.

It's entirely possible that I'll be updating on the 9th, and that's my birthday. That isn't so bad--we can have an INTERNET PARTY!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you'll have heard of this but a really good way to ice your wrist - especially when visibly swolen - is "ice massage."

    Get someone to put some disposable styrofoam coffee cups about 2/3 full of water in a freezer. When they freeze solid tear off enough styrofoam to expose the ice (which will have expanded and should have a smooth upward-curve now). Then you can rub/massage with the exposed ice while having the styrofoam to act as a sort of handle to hold the ice with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant really give you a bunch of "do it yourself remedies" without actually being there to demonstrate them, but what I can suggest is to take the opposite hand and massage just above the pained wrist and slowly continue massaging up your arm. It'll reduce and painful swelling and remove a lot of the pain causing toxins. Massage therapy isn't completely without its uses ^_~

    ReplyDelete