July 16, 2007

Wonders Never Cease

I've been watching Life on Mars while drawing this past couple of days, and I've got one thing to say: HAWKWIND. I grew up on their music, but hearing it in the background of a television show confused the christ out of me for a minute there.

It's definitely a new thing for me to hear a band I like get featured on TV. Oddly enough, they only get played during psychedelic drug trip sequences. Hmmmm....

In other news, Animal Planet had a show the other day with 2NU samples running through the soundtrack. Hell, it might have been his composition for all I know.

These things always go in threes. Today I checked and found that iTunes finally got some Men Without Hats. It's just a best-of compilation, but there were a few songs I'd never heard before and a nice selection of my favorites. If they can just get Rhythm of Youth and Folk of the 80s, I'll be happy as a sad, geeky little clam.

No comments:

Post a Comment