August 3, 2007

I Hate This Place

We were coming back around the corner and there was a garage sale with boxes of stuffed toys sitting all over the sidewalk. I couldn't avoid them so I stopped to look. I thought I'd get some stuffed animals while I was there, since they had a lot of good ones.

There were some dogs in their backyard, but they were behind a fence so it seemed fine. I went to give the lady my money and suddenly these two enormous dogs came shooting out of the front door.

The white one was at least 100 pounds and extremely obese, and the tan one was a bit smaller. The first one got at us first and went straight for the Captain. One of the people from the house said "Oh, she's just saying hi!" and let her get on with it.

I said soothing things while attempting to back away, but it was too late. Two seconds later there was snarling and barking and the second dog was on us too and it turned into a fucking brawl.

I pulled my dog in a clockwise motion to keep him away from the white one and the lady of the house tackled it, but the tan one was too fast and it was trying to knock me over to get at the Captain. It snapped at me, but I didn't get bitten. I think I was just really fucking lucky because it was more interested in killing my dog than me. It did bite him on the rib area before the other people at the house were able to drag it off.

I vamoosed, and everyone was screaming and yelling. Some dumbshit from the no-porch-house (the same one from the Shit Fit post) was yelling "NEVER bring a dog where there are other dogs!" What the fuck. THEY WERE IN A MOTHERFUCKING BACK YARD AND MINE WAS ON A MOTHERFUCKING LEASH.

So I never did hand the lady money for my stuffed animals, which are probably still lying all over her driveway. Fuck if I'm ever going back there.

I can't stop shaking. This week has sucked so bad. The only relief I've been able to get from the other problems has been taking long, mellow walks with my dog, and now I'm scared to go outside. I can't fucking take this anymore.

St. Paul: Where the gangbangers ask how old your dog is and tell him he's SUCH a good puppy oh yes he is, and the middle-class housewives will stone-cold kill your ass.


PS - The dog next door doesn't have any water, and his line is tangled on the fence. Yes, he's still out there.

2 comments:

  1. How nice to see that our society maintains its civility...
    ...

    -insert derisive snort-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. Dog fights are always a nasty affair, and the sucky part is convincing your own dog that he doesn't need to go apeshit whenever he sees another dog afterwards.

    ReplyDelete