September 25, 2007

Holy Shit That Was Almost Very Bad

My dog just alerted me to an electrical fire.

He was sitting on the futon in the living room, fascinated by something I couldn't seem to distract him from. He kept tilting his head to listen to this tiny, tiny sound.

Eventually I listened too, and heard this very faint "kkkkkkkkk" noise. At first I thought it was coming from outside, maybe something being dragged on the sidewalk. But he wasn't looking out the window. He was staring at the Insignia portable DVD player on my bookshelf, which was plugged in and on standby. When I followed his line of sight, I saw a small greenish light flickering inside the hinge of the closed player.

I unplugged it smart quick and picked it up to sniff the case. It smelled like melted plastic.

The case itself wasn't quite scalding to the touch yet, but it was pretty damn hot.

Good Captain. Gooood Captain. Cookies for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment