September 27, 2007

My Dog Uses Me

Last night the Captain had a bout of affection while I was trying to pack.

He came over and leaned on me with the full weight of his body, nuzzing my shoulders with his face, that sort of thing. Before I knew it, he had half-stood and wrapped his front paws around me in a tight and needy bear-hug, head pillowed on my shoulder.

I got to thinking about what a good puppy he is, and how I'm glad I adopted him, and how much progress he's made since the day I took him home. I was thinking yeah, I can live with this guy.

Eventually I noticed he was moving his head around. I turned to look, and there he was. Slowwwwly, caaarefully pulling a forbidden squeaky-toy down from the top of his crate.

The little shit was using me for a stepstool.

3 comments:

  1. Your dog is ridiculous haha. You two make a great pair though, its like you're engaged in a constant ninja battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smart puppy. XD

    ReplyDelete