November 16, 2007

Checking In



Not much going on. Working on a project with a due date that's just a smidge closer than I'm comfy with, but it's my own damn fault for putting it off this long anyway.

Speaking of things that got put off, somebody told me they got an email some time ago explaining that the BUMP book is officially cancelled, with refund info for the people who pre-ordered it. I hadn't heard about this, but I'm not surprised.

Looks like I'll be coloring the 2004 Halloween comic and putting it out myself after all. I kind of look forward to it.

Last night i sat down with a ruler and a piece of paper and drew up a 24 hour shedule. Then I laminated it and used whiteboard markers to fill in tasks. I'm hoping it helps me manage my time a bit better. I live pretty much without clocks these days and I think the lack of structure is largely to blame for my decreased productivity and flailing. Hope it works.

This week I installed a cable in the backyard. It's about 30 feet long strung between two trees by eyelet screws, with a ten-foot lead hanging down from a pulley so the dog can run back and forth. I added some more line to extend his reach a bit. He still gets himself wound around trees like crazy so I have to make sure his collar is loose enough to slip off in case of emergencies while I'm inside the house.

Screwing in the eyelets fucked up my left wrist something fierce, so I'm bracing it again. My knee is a lot better. Aleve really helps me get through the day, and I can ride my bike and get Stupid his exercise if I'm careful not to pedal too hard.

He hates his headcollar SO much. I can barely help laughing at his misery. I took pity on him once and loosened the nose loop just a bit, and he went and pulled it down and chewed it clean through. He thought he had ruined the collar, but I just cut off the excess length of the neck strap and sewed it over the nose loop as a patch. He looked a bit crushed when I put the slightly deformed, lumpy patched loop back on his nose. Don't fuck with me, dawg :\

The Malt-o-Meal plant smells like a different type of cereal every time I go outside. Yesterday it went through like three flavors in an hour. I think one of them was chocolate.

4 comments:

  1. o.O What's Malt-o-Meal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a hot breakfast ceral, made from malted barley (the stuff beer is made out of).

    Luka, next time you have to install eye-screws, put a rod through the hole, and use that to turn it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mos: They make a bunch of cold cereals too. You know, the bargain kind that comes in bags and has a kangaroo instead of a name brand character. Good stuff.

    Koku: The shitty thing is that I did that and it flared up anyway :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm... cereal... A good thing for a town to smell like.

    ReplyDelete