December 12, 2007

Detour detoured

Got the Detour table registration confirmation thing a week ago, where it instructs you to register for the con and pay for the table. Standard con procedure, no problem.

Did not notice the email can be scrolled down to reveal a last bit of text that warns they're using a first-come-first-served method, and if you don't pay for your registration immediately you will get bumped off the table registration list in favor of anybody who pays ahead of you.

Got bumped off the list.

With most cons, the whole purpose of emailing the alley in advance to reserve a table is so that you will have time to fill out registration paperwork and write the checks once you know there's a spot waiting for you. Oh well, I lose.

At least I still have Kiera Knightley's nose to keep me company, right? I've been watching the Pirates of the Caribbean films and I know for sure it would never abandon me.



...Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment