December 27, 2007

iTunes

iTunes customer service appears to be staffed by trained spider monkeys today.

Seebs gave me some gift cards this afternoon since he has no love for the service but for some reason they're part of some rebate deal. So woot! Scored music!

I added the cards to my balance, and when I did, the existing balance appears to have been wiped out. I sent in an email to customer service.

I just redeemed 2 gift cards (total of $50) to an account with a remaining balance of $6. The new balance only shows the $50. I've logged out and back in to double-check. Is there anything else I need to do?


This is what I got in reply:

Dear (spanking name redacted),

I understand that your store credit balance is less than it should be.

My name is Mallorie and I would be happy to explain why this is happening.

After reviewing your account, I have seen that the two gift cards with redemption codes ---, and --- were redeemed on December 27th. However, I have discovered that there was only $25 dollars on each card which will total your $50 store credit balance you have available to spend.

I hope this information was helpful to you. If not, please reply back with any problems you may have with this issue and I would be happy to assist you further.

Thank you for being a valued iTunes Store customer. Have a wonderful day and an even better new year.

Sincerely,

Mallorie


Now I need to fill out a second report revisiting and emphasizing the whole "where did my $6 go?" theme of my first email, in words of one syllable.

It's only six songs worth of undoubtedly bad electronic music on the line, but that's still a dollar more than I have in my pocket right now and I'm willing to do a little dance to get it back.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, they're normally like that (at least those are the kinds of answers I get). I asked them why I can't see my balance and they tried to tell me the system must have not updated when I looked, making it look like I had more in my balance than I should have.

    I have no idea why they went through the trouble, honestly. We poor consumers don't know how to spend properly, so they have to direct us to 3 different guides on how to flush the toilet. Just, guh.

    ReplyDelete