March 30, 2008

Spring! Spring!

Almost all the snow is gone, and the ground is finally dry. The weather got all the way up to 50 yesterday and today. I pulled out Jesse's bike and have done so much bike riding that the end of the day finds me floppy and exhausted. It's like being a kid again after a hard day of playing.

The only real problem is that my fingers have started to buzz savagely with what Google searching informs me is a fairly notorious condition known as "handlebar palsy." It comes from compressing the ulnar nerve against the grip of the bike, where it absorbs all the shocks from the surface of the road. WOOO. Padded grips and padded gloves are the suggested fixes, and I need to adjust the bike so I'm not leaning forward all the time and putting my weight on my hands.

Also, Stupid pulled me off the bike again today while we were traveling along at a pretty good clip. Out of nowhere he just halted completely for a piss on somebody's verge. (I have no idea how his head avoids being ripped off by the lead when he does stupid ass shit like this). The bike went sideways and I kept going straight. Somehow I was able to get my feet under me and run a few steps until I caught my balance, which saved me a nasty fall. I was fucking livid.

So when I got home, I jumped on the net and ordered myself a Springer. We'll just SEE who wins this fight, you little cookie-pants bastard.

The Captain hasn't made a peep for hours. I ran him for miles with the bike until he was completely exhausted, gave him a desperately needed bath, and fed him his dinner. He's been conked out on various surfaces of the house in apple-scented bliss ever since.

Maybe I should conk out too, and finish these pages tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Don't celebrate spring too early. Another 4 to 8 inches of snow possible through tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. I'm watching it fall as we speak, but it's no big deal. Part of spring in the big MN is wacky-ass weather.

    ReplyDelete