April 10, 2008

Dianetics: A Review

Still more Scientology fun, this time with Amazon.com reviews. They've been deleting negative reviews for a while now, but I think things are getting a little bit out of hand now. Glosslip has the scoop.

How exactly do you review a self-help book without mentioning your personal opinions on the subject matter?

Let me see if I can do it...

"L. Ron Hubbard, you've done it again!"
(Four Stars out of Five)

This is an excellent book. It has durable binding, good firm covers, and many pages in-between. I was especially impressed by the sequential numbering and generous quanity of these pages. These days, there are a lot of anemic, skimpy books on the shelves of your local bookstore. Call me old-fashioned, but I need a book with girth! In this respect, Dianetics became a personal favorite the minute I pulled it from the bargain bin.

The typeface was crisp and pleasant to look at, with words arranged into rows for easy reading. I had to remove one star because many of them were not in English, which did detract from the experience somewhat.

All in all, Hubbard clearly took a great deal of time and care in putting this thing together. I cannot recommend Dianetics enough.

If you're like me and enjoy slowly paging through sheaves of paper bound into book format and printed with words, Dianetics might be just what you're looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment