April 9, 2008

Recycled Death Note Buttons



I'm using this series of 2" buttons to test out my Etsy account.

These are not fanart. They are hand-made from actual pages cut from an actual copy of Death Note, Volume 2.

Imported, untranslated manga has very limited re-homing prospects in the US, so I've decided to recycle this book and its incredible artwork by turning it into a collection of buttons.

Interested in buying a set? There are six left! Etsy store is here. 1" buttons coming soon!

Today: gotta finish 2 pages of the comic, quit my fitness club membership (don't have time for the hamster wheel anymore because I'm getting plenty of exercise outside with the Captain) install some bike handlebar grippy thingies, wash the household laundry and dishes, pick up for the visits of both Spider and Rah's mom, shop for supplies and make more signs for the protest this weekend.

Oh, and I need to send in my registration info for Kumoricon. They have a table for me! FUCK YEAH! It's going to be my only con this year, I think.

I'm actually excited about it, because it's Oregon and I fucking love the west coast. And all the lovely little roadcuts on the way there and back *rockhound gleam*.

7 comments:

  1. Fireball, hey! It's Lacy, from A-Kon. I was wondering if this means you aren't planning to go to A-kon this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lacy!

    We're still not decided on whether it'll work out. Gotta work out the car + dog + money issues first.

    Money issue *might* be solved soon, though, so cross your fingers!

    BTW, I have a new aim name now if you wanna talk online. I'm "Luka Pants.":

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet ^_^ I'll be sure to keep in contact!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, please tell me that you (and the SWB con store) are going to be at Animazement! I can help with transport money and lodging even...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to say also, on one of the FMA button pages on your ESTY acct instead of saying which FM volume you used it says Death Note.

    Ah, the perils of copy and paste descriptions...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Damienne!

    We couldn't get a table for this year's Animazement. I forgot to apply and they filled up.

    *Sob* and I really wanted to go, too!

    Rain might still be there, since she's in the area now. I'll be pissed if she manages to get a table by showing up, but I'm still here picking my nose :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh shit! Thanks for pointing that out. I'll go fix it :)

    ReplyDelete