May 4, 2008

Chores and Art, Art and Chores

I spent the week doing real-world things that I've been putting off for ages. For example, I obtained a 100% rating on One Piece: Unlimited Adventure. Wait, that doesn't count. Let me start over with my grown-up words.

First I called and quit my Audible account. I got tired of not having the money, then having it only to have their automatic billing monkey take the money one day before the month ends so that I never get my books before my credits reset. Believe it or not, the final straw for me came when I noticed they now brag to potential new customers that the monthly credits do not expire. I could have been happy about this, or exasperated. I chose the latter.

Audible makes it so you can't cancel the account online, but they don't mention the procedure anywhere on the site. I finally found the number on somebody's "quit Audible" rant/tutorial from like a year ago. When I finally got to a human being, all he wanted was my username and my email address, and it took maybe ten seconds total.

No wonder they keep the quit procedure so hidden. Angry ninjas could have called and canceled my account at any time, and I would have been powerless against their attack. Thanks, Audible, for being so concerned with my account security!

But it's done. $21 bucks a month saved by depriving myself of the joy of reading, woo!

Next I got busy wrestling with my Anytime Fitness account since the great outdoors has become my gym of late, but it turns out the contract won't let me out until September. Which is right around the time I was planning to sign up again for the winter, so that sucks.

And then I mailed off all the buttons and raffle prizes I've been sitting on like a big fat dumbass, and then the week was over and I hadn't done anything on the comic. It never rains but it pours, boys and girls.

Anyway! I have a lot of work to do today, so we now return to my regularly scheduled comicking-like-a-mofo.

So much for Sundays off D:

Oh yeah, and I finished the new sketchbook last night. The second montage from the book is now posted on DA, so go see go see!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about Audible. I've been with them from the beginning, and although I love the books, my family has complained over and over that they need some competition. They're sloppy and over-confident, because they think readers have nowhere else to get their product. That's starting to change. A lot of local libraries are now offering MP3 books from their websites. All you need is a library number, and they're free. There's also, podiobooks.com - amateur productions which are sometimes excellent and sometimes awful (much like professional productions). And I recommend Pseudopod (horror), Escapepod (sci-fi), and Castlepod (fantasy) as great free audio podcast zines. The joy of reading need not end!

    ReplyDelete