August 13, 2008

Only Shooting Stars Break the Mold

Last night I watched the Perseids and it was awesome. After attempting to merely look up from a standing and sitting position (I was gentle but this morning I pay the price, holy shit it hurts), I finally opted to lie back on the wet roof instead.

It was freezing but totally worth it, because I got to see like ten meteors zinging all over the place. A couple of them were really long and one even left a visible trail behind it that lingered for a few seconds after the light was gone. Awesome.

I spied a bunch of dead leaves yesterday, on trees and in the street. Say it ain't so! After all my happy anticipation during this long, long winter I didn't even get to enjoy this summer before it ended. I've spent most of it sitting around like a big fat lump of butt on doctor's orders, and now it's almost gone and I'm still not recovered.

Oh well, fuck it. At least I like snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment