October 26, 2008

Art Post and Lip Service



Meanwhile, I'm having a bit of a canine crisis. The Captain's muzzle fur has thinned around his lips, and while it appeared to be growing back, the other day I noticed that he's actually lost all the pigmentation under his nose as well. He doesn't seem to be sick, but it's freaking me out for obvious reasons.



I need to take him to the vet, but money is tight right now due to wantonly spending it all on medicine and therapy. Supposedly I'll be getting some of it back since the MinnCare is retroactive to August 22, but I don't really want to put the vet visit off.

So starting now, for a limited time, I'm taking donations for the Captain's vet bills in lieu of the usual Kagerou tip jar. Any money left over after he's taken care of will be placed in a shoebox marked "SO THE DOG DOESN'T DIE" and that box will be sealed inside another box, which will in turn be placed on a high shelf covered with crawly black widow spiders and biter-snakes, to ensure that the funds will not be embezzled for any other purpose.

If you donate five bucks or more, I'll send you one of these horrible little trinkets:



You can choose either a pin-back or a magnet. Stab friends! Destroy hard drives! This badge will serve as proof for all eternity that you own a $5 share of Luka's dog. If you bring the button with you to future conventions, I'll give you free stuff.

Plus when I die and become a postmortem icon of the outsider art community, they'll be really collectible and you WILL get laid for owning one.

If you donate more than $5 and want multiple Captain buttons, just drop a line with your payment letting me know.



Meanwhile, the subject of this post is sprawled out in Best Chair without a care in the world. I think he's murdering something in his sleep--I can hear his fangs clicking together from across the room.

10 comments:

  1. Maybe for dogs it's like puberty! Except instead of growing facial hair they lose it. And Pigmentation.

    ....

    or maybe a direct diagnosis would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!

    So it's nature's way of saying my good boy is growing up? Does this mean his entire face is going to molt off? Will he still have ears!???

    ReplyDelete
  3. It happened to my dog once because he was allergic to cement dust and he'd been licking the cement. It's probably something he's been eating that doesn't agree with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I donate $10, can I get a magnet of that picture of the Captain exploring his feminine side? ;)

    Also, randomly mcrandom, while this may not be the Captain's theme song, it may, perhaps, belong in his soundtrack somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Sure, I could make the Captain in Drag into a button no problem.

    EVIL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Proudly evil. Donation was sent this morning.

    Mwahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. o.O

    ...Maybe he's chewing on something that's abrading his face? I mean, most dogs go gray around the muzzle/eyebrow regions when they get old, but that's a new one AFAIK. I really hope it's nothing freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ty-ping who's too lazy to sign into facebook writes:

    Worst case senerio?

    He's got mites. However then you should notice hair loss around his paws and shoulders, and that he's scratching more. You'll need to get him to the vet for a skin scraping and then have him take pills and special baths that he's gonna fucking hate.

    Best Case senerio.
    He ate something stupid and this is an allergic reaction. He'll be fine, just try to find out what it was so he'll stop eating it.
    Could be your new chair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would still like to donate to your dog, is this OK y/n

    sorry to hear about his missing toe. and the beagle as well, that's pretty rough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mos: Sure, if you'd like! I've got a bunch of buttons left, too.

    You rock.

    ReplyDelete