October 18, 2008

Hacking My Life, More

I am having a good week. The dental clinic isn't taking new MinnCare patients, but they referred me to one that has plenty of openings for my December cleaning. I still need to select a plan, but my medical card arrived today. I could break my face and as long as I had it, my credit rating would not be destroyed along with my looks. This is soothing as fuck.

I can go to the shrink every week and not have to cancel any more appointments due to financial unsettlement--and apparently get reimbursed for some or all of the bills racked up after August 22. I can get a bedframe and take the Captain to the vet to have his bald lip thing checked out just from what I spent out of my own money, not to mention Jesse and Seebs getting back what they comped me.

Online, people are buying my Gender WTF keychains. Offline, I got a paycheck for the first time in years for the window display. Spent it on kinky sunglasses. Sweet Jesus!

Also, I have everything I need to submit for payment via my lawyer, which is awesome because the hospital bills are being turned over to collections as we speak. Oops.

I have found tutorials for transforming buttons even 1" in diameter into necklaces, keychains and hair ornaments and the parts I need turned out to be fairly cheap. I have Ideas about how to utilize the discoveries. Oh yes, such ideas.

Gui visited this week, and it was pretty cool. We watched the entire first season of Pushing Daisies and took the Captain for a bike run all through town. The other night, it was getting on toward sundown so I drove Gui and Rah through Big Woods State Park to check out the autumn landscape. We were lovejacked by somebody's farm dog while driving slowly through the woods. Photos were taken, and eventually he let us 'chase' him with the car for a few hundred feet, before running home with his less adventurous black lab companion.

Dogs.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I'm glad things are going so well. May ye have many, many more times even better in the future.

    ReplyDelete