October 20, 2008

PRODUCTIV'D

Today was my day off. So naturally I
- Collected and mailed off the last paperwork for lawyer guy.

- Filled out and sent in my paperwork to choose a health plan (ended up being Blue Plus).

-Called around til I had a clinic and a dentist to use as my primaries.

-Called Anytime Fitness and discovered that yes, I really DO owe them another month's pay plus failed transaction fees because they switch members to a month-by-month auto renewal deal when your contract runs out, and I also need to give them 30 days' notice when I quit. My own damn fault for assuming it'd just run out on its own without checking my contract. Maybe I should just start going again like I've been wanting to since the weather got colder, and give notice in Spring.

-Paid Netflix.

-Found the Miracle Fruit I bought on eBay but which supposedly never arrived. It had been sitting on the kitchen table in plain sight all this time. Still doesn't explain why the seller never got back to my polite inquiry, though. (IT'S CALLED KARMA YOU FUCKING FLAKE.)

-Grocery'd!

-Inspired by a post in the cooking LJ community, combined two boxes of Spice Cake mix with 30 oz of canned pumpkin and 2 1/2 cups of water (no oil, no eggs). Baked into fist-sized loaf cakes at 350 degrees for ~30 minutes, and ate two a la mode right there. Snorf grampkl nom nom nom. Tasted exactly like pumpkin pie, left me with a fuckton of batter for later batches, and a person would have to be an idiot to fuck up the recipe.

-Finished inking the comic for this week. Holygod so much hatching!

-Called the CHR and made appointments with Dr. D and the resident psychiatrist using my SHINY NEW MEDICAL CARD.

-Laundry'd!


Next up: Mail arts, find bedframe that will fit this futon mattress for a reasonable price, finish some bitches and ship off the keychains people have ordered.

FUN TIMES!

Oh yeah, and ZippoMage--you are indeed correct. Maxtor is fucked but the data seemed to be OK. Seebs has backed it all up and we're going to lobotomize the drive and repurpose it as simple external storage, the way God intended. Bummer because I liked having automated backups every week, but the heart attack when it plays catch-me-fuck-me with my data just ain't worth it.

Now I think I'll go to bed.

5 comments:

  1. Baked into fist-sized loaf cakes at 350 degrees
    How long did you bake them for, and do you have a link to the LJ Comm post? I'm tempted to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Pumpkin-Muffins/Detail.aspx this is the recipe from the post. You can either make it with white cake and add spices, or just use a spice cake mix instead. 25-30 minutes seems to be enough time for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally trying that recipe as well! I've been wanting to try making pumpkin pie but was too intimidated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make my own pumpkin pie, from a can.. holyshit is it worth it if you're generous with the spices and avoid using the right amount of milk. Two years and running of yum..

    Though, I did a "pull it out your ass" birthday cake for my husbands birthday today. xD German chocolate cake. Did two rounds, and took care of them. Put cream cheese frosting in the center and filled the big crack in with it like cement.. Ice the outside edges with it too. Then topped with normal coconut/pecan icing. xD I had to fight his family for a piece!

    Though, I'm gonna have to try those muddings now. Om nom nom..

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 minute chocolate cake: http://www.dizzy-dee.com/recipe/chocolate-cake-in-5-minutes

    My mom doesn't eat pumpkin pie because every recipe uses cloves, and she hates cloves. Me, I just don't like pie. >.>

    ReplyDelete