December 23, 2008

Fairy Wings



When it dried all the way the crystals were whiter, but the effect is actually much nicer. I'm told if I leave the solution alone and don't touch it at all they'll be clearer in future.

Need to find a source for insect specimens. I have Plans.

I'm thinking about spending some of my carefully hoarded savings on rocks. It's all I really want for X-Mas and I've been ever so good this year. I reckon it depends on whether I can talk myself into it considering how broke I am. Do I want that Cintiq as bad as I thought I did before I got that 30% coupon in the mail for ZRS Fossils? Aye, there's the rub.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you want that Cintiq. You want that Cintiq baaaaad.

    No, wait, that's me. Then again, I could go for the rocks, too. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's gorgeous! Those would make some fantastic earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any butterfly gardens near you or a zoo that has a butterfly exhibit? I know many species have a rather short life expectancy, and you could try finding out if they'd allow you to have some of the bodies of ex-butterflies. I'm not sure what's normally done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you could put up an online wishlist and see how much your fans love you?

    and those are kinda nifty wings

    ReplyDelete