January 2, 2009

2009 And All Is Well

Fuuuck. I made it through 48 levels of the Cave of Ordeals, and then got fucked in the eyesocket by three pissed-off beefcakes in armor in the last room. They beat my ass so hard my poop will probably come out sniveling for a month.

I guess I'm glad it wasn't a puny enemy getting off a lucky shot from my blind side, because I honestly think I would have shot myself.

This game has been consuming my brains for the past week. My daily schedule currently consists of Twilight Princess, plus occasional breaks from the game in which I sleep, brush my teeth and fart around with house chores and errands. I guess I just need the recharge.

In other news, I believe the meds are kicking in. I was looking up at the stars on my walk with the Captain tonight, and I got to thinking about the spinning of the planet and the way we just sort of cling to its surface and magically don't fly off. For the first time since I was five years old, contemplating the fact that we spend our lives clinging to a spinning ball of rock and politics as it hurtles through space at holyfuck MPH didn't give me a panic attack. In fact I had a hard time feeling anxious about it at all.

I actually felt a little awed, and that was just plain strange. Usually if I make the mistake of thinking about this stuff when I'm outside at night, I never get to the awe stage because I start shaking and have to go back indoors until the vertigo goes away. So yay me, and also yay the stars.

I'm thinking about going back to LiveJournal. I've fallen out of touch with a whole bunch of people I used to talk to all the time when I was on LJ. Lots of folks never made the jump to Blogger or the local feed account. Dunno what will happen to this site if I do go back, but frankly I'm getting lonely. Hmm.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, Cave of Ordeals. Kick in the ass. The trick is to try wake them up one by one. And, while it is totally cheating, bombs do the trick. If you get one behind them and time it just right, I'm pretty sure it'll blow off their armor in one shot. The Cave of Ordeals makes the Savage Labyrinth from Wind Waker look like a cakewalk.

    Oh! And you should totally attend a Texas con again one of these days. I got back into the con scene and I miss running into you. It's good to know you're doing well these days. Isn't mental health grand?

    ReplyDelete