January 26, 2009

Adventures In Fang Repair

Fillings a-go-go!

I didn't get lost on the way to the dentist's office this time, and the actual appointment took about twenty minutes from start to finish. The modern anaesthetic needle didn't hurt nearly as bad as the giant spikes they used to use when I was a kid, and the assistant brought me a mirror so I could see the drilled holes before they got filled in. it was kind of awesome. The fillings themselves are tooth-colored and I'm hoping I can get the amalgam ones that have fallen apart removed and replaced with similar ones on Unka Sam's dime.

The whole drive home I played with my dead lip. Even now I can't feel my face from temple to chin.

This calm adventure has been brought to you by Zoloft, makers of "Holy shit, I was able to leave the house alone!" and other fine products.

1 comment:

  1. The anaesthetic gives me the giggles, which is weird. I had a tooth removed, and proceeded to laugh when the guy pulled out one half of tooth, and then the other, and trying to put on carmex was like a freakin' comedy act.

    :D You've been a busy Luka lately. It's nice to see a lot of activity on your front.

    ReplyDelete