January 28, 2009

Can I Borrow Your Dagger For A Sec?

Phobia be damned! I've just had my first haircut since grade school. Five inches gone, gone into the night. Practically bald now!

It was scary, but the deed had to be done. The scraggle-monster got into the ends and it went bad, so I lopped it off with a chainsaw pair of office scissors. Before, it was just past my knees, and now it only goes to mid-thigh. GASP! I could join the Marines!

On the bright side, I bet I could ride my bike with it down and not fear being scalped by the back wheel. That's something to look forward to.

It ended up lopsided so Rah evened it out for me, taking off a bit more while she was at it. Then I gave her a trim of her own to repay. It wasn't that bad a job for my first attempt at a haircut on another human being. Not completely even, but she can't see that so it's all good. I wisely didn't tell her about the bald spot. Muahaha. Let her find out on her own. As for me, I'm away laughing on a fast camel.

The house has declared victory in the war against split ends.

2 comments:

  1. How in hell did you manage to get it mid thigh without scraggles?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate getting haircuts... They're boring, they take forever, and they ALWAYS cut it too damn short. :( I'll ask for an inch off and they'll give me a fucking buzz cut... Well, not literally, but they cut off way too much.

    ReplyDelete