March 21, 2009

Lucid Dreams and Spring

The other day I took the Captain out to pee and examined the lawn. Dead yellow grass as far as the eye could see. Seven hours later I was back out there looking at the same spot and the yard was full of two-inch green shoots. Also the crocuses had come through the leaf pile, and our front yard tree was covered in red bud casings. It happened that fast.

Also, I had another lucid dream, only this time it was easier. La Llorona was chasing me and my conscious mind kicked in. I thought about how I'd done this in the previous dream and felt honestly like I was cheating to do it again, but I pushed the thought aside and pulled rank again. Started to wake up and said "no, don't wake up, this has possibilities." Next thing I know I'm flying figure eights around La very confused Llorona, blowing raspberries like Peeves the Poltergeist and chanting "Nyeah nyeah nyeah! I'm dreaming and you're not!"

I've been having dreams for a while where I'm coherent enough to have not only surface thoughts, but also feelings and concerns and things that don't get vocalized. I even think about previous dreams and know they were dreams. Then when I wake up, it all makes sense--no dream-logic. But taking over the dream twice in one week? I wonder if that could be the Prozac.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, things are starting to come up here too. Haven't seen any crocuses, but then I don't know whether anyone has any around here. I know in my hometown the tulips are starting to come out and those are usually up for Easter.

    Dreams are fun. I've once had a very long continuous dream that spanned at least a week, and I remember most of it. I jotted it down in my journal. It makes for some interesting reading and probably for an interesting novel.

    :D good times

    ReplyDelete