March 19, 2009

HOW DO I SHOT MOVIE

So, like, did Spiderman 2 suck on purpose or something?

Don't get me wrong, it was fun and cool as hell to watch. But with the possible exception of Meet the Feebles (and the jury is still out on whether that was actually intentional), I can't fathom how any single movie could be so unbelievably, laughably bad by accident.

All those comical NOOOOOOOOOO! moments, usually with unflatteringly hilarious facial contortions. And the CGI! The script! The acting!

Haha, just kidding, there wasn't any acting.

I give it two thumbs up for gratuitous damsel-in-distress upskirt shots and wanton destruction of property.

3 comments:

  1. Spiderman 2, or do you mean 3?
    Cause, man, one hasn't lived until they've seen the amazing, craptacular Spiderman 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spiderman 3 wasn't as bad for me, possibly because I was expecting the suck. I will say that it wasn't nearly as FUN--I fast-forwarded through a bunch of Mary Jane scenes because I couldn't stand the contrived romantic tension, for example.

    There were still explosions and things getting broken, so I kept on with it and was satisfied by the ending. Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite [sic] thing about Spiderman 2 was Doc Ock's abrubt shift from "no, tentacle arm, it's wrong to steal money to rebuild my shattered life" to beating up cops and dropping old ladies off of skyscrapers in like, five minutes.

    ReplyDelete