March 15, 2007

It's Gotta Be The Shoes.

Thing One - Black Snake Moan was an excellent movie. Like I've said before: if I like a film with a romantic plot, it's good. The trailer had me expecting a completely different film--the real thing turned out to be a bit different and a lot better. I was surprised to find the movie was as deep and moving as it was badass and hilarious. Definitely recommended, especially if the idea of a half-naked Christina Ricci bound in chains turns you on. Rowr.

Thing Two - Disney, having recently pleased me greatly by bringing back 2-D animation, is now attempting to seduce me back into its clutches with sweet whispers of an upcoming Frog Princess movie, which will be set in New Orleans and feature *GASP* an African-American heroine! Read about it here.

Does anyone know about athletic shoes? I need some good walking/jogging shoes because the ones I am wearing right now give me sore toes and don't absorb any impact. Only, I don't know the first thing about shoes, so I'm not sure what to get. I once tried to ask a shoe clerk to direct me toward the walking/running shoes, but she set me up with some wicked lame, overpriced bits of leather whose special function I have never been able to uncover. They sure as shit aren't for moving around in.

My price range is basically below 60 bucks, unless someone knows about a miracle pair that cures calf hernias, adds speed and/or allows me to fly. That would be cooool.

Beyond that, all goes well. Today is pencilling for Kagerou (3 page update this week) and then I think I'll turn in early.