April 23, 2007

Domesticide

So I finally figured it out. It's not that I resent Rain for leaving, it's just that all the emotional triggers of someone I love going away are currently tangled together and it makes me panic.

As soon as my brain sees proof that she didn't DIE, I think I'll be okay.

I was fully half an inch shorter than the U-Haul trailer, so I got to stand inside and be TETRIS MAN. I made all the boxes fit with plenty of room to spare, and even got her crazy wrought-iron shelf unit to fit. It was hot and sweaty work, but we had a wonderful goodbye lunch at Big Bowl and sent her and Jenine off in style.

Today was also Rah's birthday, which got kind of lost in the shuffle. Sorry Rah, you know we love you.

After Rain left, I got to work cleaning up the trash and empty boxes and stuff that got left behind . By the end of the night I had cleared the entire living room out, swept it, and mopped with pine-scented cleaner. The floor looks like it's absolutely filthy because our previous houseowners had no idea how to treat a hardwood floor, but it's clean enough to eat off of. I took the curtain down from the big picture window and popped it in the laundry (it was almost black with cat hair).

Not even five minutes later, some dudes from the neighborhood were knocking on the door to ask if we were renting out the room. I guess they saw the U-Haul earlier. I said we had someone new moving in (LIES!).

I also noticed the way the one at the door was eyeing the house behind me. Tough luck finding something worth ripping off d00d! What can be seen of the ground floor from the doorway looks like a crank den, and for good reason.

Then I went and cleaned out the bathroom again. It was nasty but last night was worse by far because I had to scrub the toilet and it was an abomination.

Tomorrow I'm getting the dining room and the one that Rain used to sleep in. Cleaning seems to help get me out of my head. Although holy FUCK are my allergies and asthma going nuts from all the dust in the air :(

I didn't get anything done on the comic today, but I'm gonna go work on it as soon as I eat some dinner. I'm feeling a lot less like freaking out, and there's only one page left to go and I know exactly what's gonna be on it already.

4 comments:

  1. Glad that you figured some of the ick out...brain-ick is a pain in the ass, especially if you're feeling shitty for no apparent reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain performs Move.
    Rain escapes!
    Luka is afflicted by Sad!
    Seebs is afflicted by Sad!
    Gomichan is afflicted by Sad!
    Rah is afflicted by Sad!
    You gain 0 experience points.
    You receive 0 gil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I move in with you? Plz?

    Seebs- lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA. Seebs that was hilarious.

    I'm alive! I have a headache like whoa and slept for the majority of the day, but alive. Two guys asked to rent a room? That's craziness, though I'm glad to hear it's wicked clean up there. Sorry again for leaving some mess. *hugs* I tried calling but never managed to get through, cell phone reception here is straight diabolic. Will try again tomorrow.

    -Rain

    ReplyDelete