May 21, 2007

AFK! Con season

Wish me luck! I'm off to North Carolina for Animazement, and then to Texas for A-Kon the following weekend.

I've never driven 1000 miles on my own before, so I'm a little bit nervous. But I've filled my iPod with about 26 gigs of good, solid road-trippin' music (a deliciously butt-rocky melange of Rush, Grand Funk Railroad, Tupac, Jackson Browne, Jay-Z, Tom Petty and Bonnie Pink, to name a few) and fully intend to have a slamming good time.

This morning I woke up from another of my corpse-in-the-water dreams. This time I was working at a meat packing plant, and whenever I looked out the window there was this nude, mutilated human corpse half-submerged in the shallow bend of the river.

The story around the plant was that the corpse had been a tranny who surprised the wrong boyfriend and was murdered and dumped in the water. Everyone in town knew about what had happened, but nobody seemed to care about cleaning it up or calling the police. So there it stayed, putrefying and growing steadily more horrifying with every passing week. It was lying belly-up, and the face was the worst thing I ever saw.

People mostly didn't even notice it anymore. I was the only one who thought it was still worth discussing. I very deliberately turned my attention elsewhere every time I walked past the place where the body was, I could still see the shape out of the corner of my eye and smell the stink no matter how hard I tried not to.

Then there was an incredible wind-storm, and the next day the body was gone. I woke up still worrying about where it might have fetched up, and vowing I'd never swim in that river again.

In July I will be celebrating the 14th anniversary of this recurring dream. Such a momentous occasion!

Should I bake a cake? Stay awake? Swim in a lake?

Anyway.

I'll end this post on a slightly less grotesque note. Here's the spiel I've crossposted everywhere else people check for comic updates:


Kagerou will be back on the 9th of June. While we're gone, don't forget to check out the ongoing raffle for a chance to appear and die in the comic!

No comments:

Post a Comment