May 30, 2007

Ancient AMVs Recovered From Ocean Floor





These two videos aired on MTV in 1991, when I was 10 and a constant viewer. I was completely and instantly hooked. I didn't even know what that style of art was called, but I knew I wanted to draw sexy girls just like that. Also, I wanted to run around having adventures with a cigar and a gun. And blue hair.

(Nice to know I haven't changed that much since I was a kid.)

I can't even remember how many times I'd tape a sheet of tracing paper over the TV and copy the paused art right off the screen.

I eventually found out who Lum was in 1995, when I turned into an Internet freak and discovered Urusei Yatsura fan galleries.

You should have seen my locker door Lum shrine that school year.


That's all I have to write about for now. Tomorrow we leave for Texas, and so I'm off to get some sleep before the drive. Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

  1. I live in Texas! You can stay with meeeeee! X3

    ReplyDelete