July 18, 2007

STAY OUT OF CAMBERWICK GREEN!



I have this mental image of me by the end of this week: huddled in the corner of a barricaded, soundproofed bomb shelter with my purified water jugs and tins of Spam stacked to the ceiling. No TV, no radio, just me and my shotgun, waiting out the storm. In a moment of hunger, I open a Spam tin. Written on the meat are the words "HARRY POTTER DIES OF AIDS." Nooooooooooo!

It's been very quiet on my end since the quarantine began, but I like the vacation. I've gotten 21 miles of walking/cross-country skiiing done on the hamster-wheel this week, plus lots of weight lifting. Artwise, I've already got a good chunk of this week's pages pencilled and various scribbly sketchbook practice.

Final books in hugely popular series should come out more often!

If you're avoiding spoilers (I know a bunch of you were planning to) then I'd advise you to avoid strangers' conversations and the front pages of major newspapers, too, except the people who like my blog are usually the wild-eyed headphone types anyway, and get all their news from the entrails of slaughtered children. And that's why I like 'em.

This morning, I got back from the gym and discovered my arms and face tasted like a salt-lick. Off to the shower I went, and just for funsies, I put my DS in a ZipLoc and fought random monster encounters while saturating my hair. FF5 may have the weakest story of any FF game I've ever played, but gawddamn if the extreme portability factor doesn't make up for it.

Today I ordered a pair of onigiri molds. Making them by hand is too much for my weak wrists, plus it burns the christ out of my palms. The molds were only 6 bucks on eBay, including shipping. I look forward to trying the results out on my next hike.

There is a cat in my room, chewing on a plastic bag. And they say cats are cleverer than dogs...

PS - Finished watching Life on Mars. Brilliant concept, brilliant story, BRILLIANT ending. The cop drama plots tended to get repetetive and draggy, though, and there were times I wanted to wring the characters' necks for behaving like... tv characters... in order to move the plot along. But do I mark the show down for its minor flaws? Oh hell naw. How can I, when shit like this happens?



Hawkwind and Camberwick Green puppet police brutality. It's like chocolate and slightly more chocolate--a perfect marriage of flavor!

I really don't look forward to finding out what American writers do to this awesome series. I've seen the dude they cast as Sam Tyler and he looks like some kind of underwear model. Yuck.

(Mind you, this is coming from a dude who isn't really into dudes, so YMMV.)

1 comment: